Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipe: Butternut and Ham Pasta
My girls devoured this and Derek and I love it too. It was pretty easy to make and sort of cooked itself 🙂
Butternut and and Ham Pasta
- Butternut squash, peeled gutted and cut in uniform cubes
- Leftoever ham pieces, cubed
- Bowtie Pasta (cooked according to package)
- Olive Oil
- 3-6 cloves garlic, minced
- Rubbed sage to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken Broth
- Corn or Arrowroot Starch
- (Onions sauted with the garlic or peas or spinach added in the last few minutes would be amazing too)
- (Parmesan if you’re not dairy free)
- In a saute pan, heat the oil and cook garlic and sage until garlic browned and aromatic. Add squash chunks and cook for a minute or two.
- Pour in enough chicken broth to not quite cover your squash (our squash was huge!). Bring to a boil, cover and simmer. Stir now and then. Cook until squash is tender.
- Add peas or spinach, if desired.
- Using a slotted spoon scoop out squash into a container with your pasta and ham chunks. Turn the pan back up to high.
- Mix about a tablespoon of arrowroot or corn starch with about 1/4 cold chicken broth or water. Add to the boiling chicken/squash broth. Stir til thickened. (Repeat with more starch if necessary).
- Enjoy and feed to happy babies who like to mousse their hair with the broth.