Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipe: Easy Mexican Mole
I served this meat mixture on tortillas one day (and I didn’t miss the cheese but I would have loved some avocado!) and the next day I put it over pasta and it was just as good. It’s a little on the spicy side if you add the extra red pepper, but I liked it that way. This creation was another clean out the refrigerator/cabinets before I go grocery shopping success :-p
Easy Mexican Mole
- 1-2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 15 oz can corn
- 1 (or more) bell peppers, sliced
- Brown ground beef with onion.
- Add spices, cocoa powder, salsa, and corn. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer.
- Toss in bell pepper slices and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve on tortillas or with pasta or even with corn chips.