Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipes: Balsamic Chicken
This was an effort to make something out of what I had in my refrigerator and cabinets so I didn’t have to run to the store. Honestly, it tasted like something served at a gourmet restaurant! And it was so easy! It would be equally as good with beef or any other veggies that are in need of leaving your crisper.
- Canola Oil
- 2 Onions, sliced thinly
- 2 Green Bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 1 lb Chicken (I used tenderloins)
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Corn or Arrowroot Starch
- Caramelize onions over low heat. When they become translucent, add the green peppers.
- Add Chicken and cook until chicken is browned.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Combine Vinegar, Sugar, Garlic, and Cornstarch.
- Pour Vinegar Mixture into pan while stirring.
- Cook until thickened.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or non-dairy mashed potatoes since it makes a lot of sauce.