Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipes: Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
Why is it that I always have the ingredients for chocolate cake in my house? This depression era vegan chocolate cake is fantastic! Moist and crumbly and oh so tasty. I sadly have yet to have the time to find a dairy-free margarine in the stores so I just made up a chocolate-peanut butter frosting with ingredients I did have. This frosting is just slightly peanut buttery.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
- 3 squares Bakers Chocolate
- 2 Tbs Dutch Process Cocoa
- 4 Tbs oil
- 2 generous Tbs natural Peanut butter
- powdered sugar to taste
- approximately 1/2 cup Almond milk
- Melt the Bakers chocolate over low heat in a small saucepan.
- Add Dutch Process Cocoa, oil, and peanut butter.
- Add powdered sugar to taste (I estimate that I used about 1/2 cup)
- Whisk in almond milk.
- Pour and spread over finished cake when still warm.