Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipes: Chocolate Pudding
I needed chocolate today and I was all out of dairy-free chocolate chips (and a Whole Foods trip with two babies is beyond my comfort zone), so I modified a recipe for Chocolate Pudding from The Joy of Cooking. It turned out great!
- 2 1 oz squares semisweet Bakers chocolate (dairy free!)
- 0 to 1/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like chocolate)
- 2 Cups milk substitute of your choice (I used almond)
- 3 Tablespoons Corn or Arrowroot Starch
- Melt chocolate squares over low heat
- Whisk in sugar if using.
- Whisk in 1 3/4 cup milk and turn up the heat slightly.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup milk with 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- When the chocolate mixture starts to get hot, add milk/starch mixture.
- Stir frequently until the mixture reaches your desired pudding texture.
- Pour into cups and chill in the refrigerator.