Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipes: Easy Chip Dip
In a dairy free diet we’re able to eat a fair amount of chips as long as they are plain. I’m regularly enjoying tortilla chips and Sunchips Original, but I get tired of salsa or hummus and long for real chip dip. So last week I decided I would do something I vowed never to do. I tried Tofu and I turned it into a pretty tasty (and healthy) chip dip!
Silken Tofu Chip Dip
- 10oz Package of Silken Tofu
- a squirt of lemon juice
- a packet of Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix (or other dairy-free mix)
- 1/4 cup (or to taste) Red Wine Vinegar
- a splash of ‘milk’
- Dump the first 3 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add Vinegar to taste and ‘milk’ to refine the texture.
- Dip in chips or veggies and enjoy!