Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipes: Oatmeal and Wheat Flour Pancakes
I love breakfast foods. Unfortunately so many of my favorite breakfast foods contain dairy: biscuits, muffins, pancakes, waffles, cheesy scrambled eggs, omelets , egg casserole… A lot of these foods just aren’t the same without dairy. Last weekend I wanted pancakes and I flipped through my favorite recipes in frustration: butter, milk, buttermilk, and yogurt were all required and sometimes multiple items in the same recipe! I found one recipe in my box that looked promising and I switched out the milk for almond milk. Perfect!
Oatmeal and Wheat Flour Pancakes
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbs Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Instant/Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 Cups Almond Milk
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla or Almond Extract (I prefer almond!)
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries, Nuts, or Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over Medium Heat
- In a medium bowl, mix oats and milk.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients.
- Whisk eggs, oil, and extract into the oat/milk mixture.
- Fold in berries, nuts, or chocolate chips.
- Pour batter on griddle. Cook 1-2 minutes until bubbly. Flip and continue cooking until lightly browned.