Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipes: Smoothies
With the loss of yogurt (soy is weird… coconut is waaaaay too expensive) and the death of my blender (it was junk anyhow), I thought I would never make a good smoothie again. I was wrong. I constantly snack on my dairy-free smoothies. Derek even begs me to make them for him when he’s finished working in the yard.
- Frozen Bananas (or Homemade Coconut Ice Cream for a more dessert like creation)
- Honey to taste
- Almond milk
- Whir the bananas in your food processor
- Add almond milk until it’s either a drinkable or spoonable smoothie (your choice)
- Add honey as desired for sweetness
- Peanut Butter Banana (my personal favorite afternoon pick-me-up): Add a heaping spoonful of peanut butter.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: Add a heaping spoonful of peanut butter and a good shake of cocoa powder
- Berry: Add a heaping hand full of your favorite berries.
- Tropical: Add a heaping hand full of Dole’s Frozen Mixed Fruit avoiding all strawberries
- Mango Blueberry: Omit the banana. Add frozen Blueberries and Mango. Go heavier on the mango than the blueberries.
- Mango: Add some Mango.
- Green Machine: Add an Avocado
I’m sure you can come up with tons of your own variations. Enjoy!