Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipes: S’more KrispieTreats
I majored in Outdoor Leadership in college (no kidding!)so needless to say I have a love affair with all things S’more-ish. Regular s’mores are dairy free if you use dairy free chocolate, but I went a step farther.
S’more Krispie Treats
- 1.5 Tbs dairy-free magarine
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- 3 C crushed Quaker Cinnamon Life Cereal
- 1/8 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Melt margarine over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Meanwhile grease a pie dish or 9×9 pan. (I used canola oil).
- Stir marshmallows into the saucepan until melted
- Stir in cereal (and chocolate chips here if you like)
- Press into pie dish/pan
- Sprinkle and press chocolate chips on top
- Cool and enjoy
I promise I’ll try to do more dinner stuff soon, but right now I’ve been doing a lot of turkey or ham and mashed potatoes and gravy meals. Or grilled meat and steamed veggies. Simple summer stuff like that.