Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipes: Taco Seasoning & Chicken Azteca
Easy Taco Seasoning Recipe (I usually double it):
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or Crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
After cooking your meat dump the seasoning in the pan with a 1/4 cup water and simmer until the water is absorbed.
The president of our local Moms of Multiples club shared this recipe with me while we were at our traditional after meeting outing 😉 It’s in our club cookbook apparently, but I just made it as I remembered her reciting it to me (with a little addition of my own, I’m sure). We’ve been loving this as a change to our normal lunch menu of sandwiches, fruit, and crackers. And it makes a ton to freeze for later!
- 2 15oz cans of black beans
- 2lb skinless chicken
- a jar of salsa
- a can or two of corn
- a single recipe of Taco Seasoning (above)
- 2 C. cooked Rice
- Dump Beans, Corn, and 1/2 of the salsa in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Place chicken on top of salsa mixture.
- Sprinkle Taco seasoning on the chicken and dump remaining salsa on top.
- Cook on Low 8hrs or High 4 hours.
- Shred (and debone) Chicken and stir in the rice.
- Serve in tortillas