Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipes: Tropical Chicken and Brown Rice
This recipe is found over at Wholesome Homemade Baby Food if you scroll down on the papaya page. I’ve started freezing some food cubes for the girls and thought this would be a fun way for me to try papaya. We had Tropical Chicken tonight and it was pretty tasty and something that will easily transition into summer unlike all the soups I’ve been making. Here’s the recipe copied from that site: Enjoy!
Tropical Chicken and Brown Rice (8months+)
2 cups water
1/4 cup papaya cubes
1/4 cup mango cubes
1 or 2 boneless chicken breasts
pinch of ginger and nutmeg if desired
1. Combine all of the above ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until rice is soft, fragrant and a bit soupy.
3. Take out the chicken breast(s) and cut into small pieces, transfer back to saucepan
3. Add more water if needed and stir frequently to stop sticking to the pot and add more milk or water if necessary.
4. Cook an additional 15 minutes or until chicken is done