I’m curious, how did this little experiment in gratitude go for you? Were you changed? Did hunting for a picture of good things help you change attitude gears from sour to thankful? Please let me know in the comments.
For me, it’s been a crazy 14 days with 10 of them spent out of state. Starting from the big cornfield image and moving counterclockwise, here are six things I documented (and remembered to use a hashtag for… ha!).
- The beautiful cornfields at my friend’s house outside of St. Louis where we stayed for 6 days. I may have left my heart in this land where you feel like you’re in the country with a Target less than 10 minutes away.
- My twins eating donuts for breakfast with Julia’s twins. (and playing together so well all week!)
- My photographs from two years ago all beautiful on Julia’s wall. As well as late night chatter with a friend who gets me 🙂
- Pedicures for my wee ones. Even Sedryn didn’t want to be left out. He points to his toes and says “Blue!” all the time.
- Taking 6 kids under 10 to the pool to serve a friend. The biggest surprise, when I took them all to my house, they all disappeared and played together so well I was able to mop my filthy floor!
- A cormorant at the St. Louis zoo. This is quite possibly Aeralind’s favorite bird ever and it was less than 3 feet away from her inside an aviary. She almost could have touched it.
This visual joy hunt for 14 days… it’s been exciting. It’s turned crazy road weary whiny mama (in response to the children’s same attidue) into a slightly nicer repentant mama. And let me tell you, there’s not much other than grace that can change my heart of stone.