It’s the end of the Month… and I’m getting creative in the kitchen again. This month we have tons of meat still in the freezer… but not much else so I made a man (and toddler) pleasing creation.
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
|I’m no food photographer… but you get the picture :-p|
- Cooked hamburger (or in my case… leftover meatballs)
- 1 box cooked pasta
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- whatever frozen veggie you have on hand (all we had was okra… yummy)
- 3-4oz grated cheddar
- 2-3 pieces chopped cooked bacon
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 1/4 C flour
- 1.5-2 C milk
- 2-3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan with the some of the bacon.
- Wisk in flour. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add the about half of your milk.
- Add the Dijon and 2/3 of your cheese.
- Keep stirring. Things should be getting pretty thick.. but if it’s too thick add more milk.
- Dump remaining ingredients in a 9×13 baking dish. Pour sauce over. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 until casserole is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.