Milk Allergic/Sensitive Convenience Foods
One of the hardest parts about going dairy free and breastfeeding at the same time is the lack of dairy free convenience foods! Seriously, as if breastfeeding a fussy baby every 2-3 hours wasn’t enough, all of a sudden you’re also forced to make your own snack food because you’re having trouble finding anything dairy free; there just isn’t enough hours in the day! I hope this list of quick things to eat or make will help you on your way.
Dairy-free Snacks and Treats*:
- Fresh Fruit
- Thomas Bagels (Wheat and Cinnamon Raisin for sure)
- Sara Lee Wheat Blueberry Bagels
- Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Duncan Hines Brownies
- Martha White Muffin Mix (Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Honey Bran, Chocolate Chip for sure)
- Original Sun Chips
- Synder’s Pretzels
- Wheat Thins Tuscan Herb Flat Bread
- Regular Wheat Thins
- Earth Grain Honey Wheat Berry Bread (love this stuff)
- Natures’ Own Bread (Honey Wheat, 7-grain, Wheat)
- Graham Crackers
- Quaker Instant Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal (our store brand doesn’t have milk either)
- Ritz Crackers
- Pop Tarts
- Nesquick Chocolate Powder (with rice milk this makes a convincing hot chocolate, but it’s less than appetizing with soy or almond milks)
* Always read the labels to ensure that these items are dairy-free. Formulas change from time to time and some companies have different ingredients depending on where the product is manufactured.
Please help me add to this list if you can!