Transparency is needed.

I think I hide behind my masks pretending everything is okay because I think everyone else has it all together.

But the truth is: I don’t have all together.

And even more freeing: I’m pretty sure no one else has it all together either.

So here’s a little transparency this morning to make you feel like you’re not the only one with a messy heart or room.

This is the state of my living room 94% of the time (5% it’s probably worse and the other 1% the toys might end up in the bins)

This is the state of my family room 92%  of the time (the other 8% of the time I don’t have a finished quilt lying out waiting for me to purchase batting because the piece I have isn’t nearly big enough)

This is the state of my sewing area 99.8% of the time.

As a bonus: I had to search the house for my camera to take these shots.  I hid it from the twins on top of the couch and the couch ate it.

One final confession: without transparency and humility before the throne of grace,  100% of the time my messy heart would be so much worse than any area of my home.