I was so grateful to experience and complete labor over a beautiful little boy this last week.
Labor and delivery were experiences that I was blessed to have since little Sedryn was a Vaginal Birth after a C-Section.
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
But if I stayed my heart on breathing in just the grace for the moment at hand and breathing out what thanksgiving I could find, the His power was able to sustain me in my weakness.
And if thanking Him for little graces can sustain me as contractions course through my body… then thanking Him for little graces can sustain me through anything life should bring as I labor towards Home.
Thanking Him for #2388-2416 of the sweet little graces with the power to sustain me in weakness.
- Little girl snuggles on either side of mommy
- Breathin in empowering grace and breathing out Eucharisteo through contractions
- Rochelle (my doula) being so helpf and compassionate over the phone and email
- Derek able to take a sick day when I’d had hardly any sleep
- Finally a couple solid nap chunks of sleep
- Derek keeping such good care of the girls
- Running the girls ragged on the tennis courts with sidewalk chalk and a couple of tennis balls
- Yummy beets in the CSA share
- Knitting taking away some pain through distraction
- weakness for Him to show Himself strong in the midst
- Chatting with Chanwey on Google chat
- Her blessing me with perfect timed encouragement
- Rochelle’s gentle help
- Ruthie going out of her way to care for the girls- I never worried about them once
- Coming home to a freshly mopped floor on top of well cared for daughters
- Debbie, my nurse. Lord, you know what you were doing when they called her in for me!
- The delivery I wanted in His time.
- A boy!
- A good nursling
- Girls being so sweet to baby
- The most supportive husband ever
- Derek’s gentle new way of encouraging me
- A healing tear
- The sweet smell of a newborn head
- Actually sort of enjoying night feedings alone with the boy… sometimes… when I’m not impatient
- Helpful sisters- sometimes overly so!
- A blessed birth experience
- So many people loving on and praying for us
- Snuggling in the dark with two little girls that daddy had to wake and lift out of cribs before he went to work