The workout instructions said I would swim 2000 yards.
I’d left the last two workouts of less than that winded and sore, hardly able to carry Sedryn’s carseat back to the car.
I took a deep breath and dove in: literally and figuratively.
A little over an hour later I emerge from the pool: I did it.
The pace was found as I kept tempo with the clock.
As I sang worship under the water.
As I endured 2000 yards and most of it interval training.
Maybe that’s what life is.
God pours on a trial and I sink or swim.
Faith growing or wavering. Muscles strengthened.
All He asks is that no matter what: I give thanks. I turn to Him with open arms and seek Him. On the sprint yards and the resting yards.
- Hearing Bronwyn say “Uh oh! Doll! Naked!”
- Sly little look as I tried panties on Bronwyn
- Aeralind climbing up carefully to sit on the nursing pillow with brother
- Sedryn flashing Bronwyn smiles
- Almost 1 mile in the pool after months of vacation
- Sore body
- Ladies Bible Study back in session
- Smiley boy in my lap as I count graces
- Dirt on little chees
- Warm enough to go to the park in January!
- The fun of Hobby Lobby
- Finally two 2 hour naps from Sedryn
- A sunny spot to cut fabric during naps
- Toddlers roaring at each other and laughing
- Visit from Andy and her sweet tiny 1 year old Anna who is the same size as Sedryn!
- Andy’s grace in never mentioning that I had part of Sedryns epic blowout all over my shirt
- A meal I didn’t have to cook- so generous.
- Cheesy biscuit anticipation
- Clean baby hair smell
- Backyard to play in- even if it is a bit swampy right now
- Coffee table finally finished!
- Special package mailed to a friend
- the fun of the roc box
- still looking for perfect beeads
- Dirt on new shoes
- Brad’s Post– We’ve all walked this path- rejector and rejected. We’ve all cried these tears.
- A little experiement in the works
- Two days in a row with adventurous Bronwyn somehow getting her pans sopping wet
- Toddlers learning to meaning of heavy and lite.
- Talking in “fabric snob” language with Jo from church
- Talking with Mandy and Hannah and Lacey
- The words “But you have three young children!” So what I needed to hear.
- Deciding to go
- Giant basket of veggies from the Noisy Rabbit
- Getting my tail kicked at the pool.
- Surprise at how “fast” I am- even though I have no endurance yet
- Tiny fingers cupped softly at my chest
- Bronwyn deciding to wear big girl panties and having 2 successes and 1 accident
- Sedryn cooing loudly while girls push each other down the slide and I hang laundry in January!