One Year Ago I became a Mother.
That day still blurs for me.
- 3 hours at the doctors.
- 30 minutes at the library.
- 1 hour at Panera eating and reading.
- 1 hour reading laying on my left side, laying on top of Aeralind, agitatedly kicking me.
- 5 minutes of having rolled over to my right side, on top of Bronwyn, to ease my soreness from Aeralind’s kicking.
- A frightening gush of fluid.
- Panicked phone calls
- 20 minute preordained car ride with Diane
- 2 hours of surgical prep, fears, “Man Eating Fish”, husband in scrubs, flying down the hallway out of control
- 2 minutes of tearful prayers
- 30 minutes with the spinal craziness
- Derek rejoining, stroking my hair, and timelessness ensuing
- “It’s a Girl!” and breathlessly waiting for cries.
- “It’s a Girl!” and hearing the cries.
- A baby in nervous daddy’s arms (Bronwyn?)
- A baby in mommy’s outstretched arm and chest (Aeralind?)
My life changed in a moment. Richer. More Beautiful. Full of Laughter, New Insecurities, Sleepless Nights, Cuddlings, and the Blondest Hair I Have Ever Seen.